For Our Ordering Clinicians
Providence Imaging Center provides several tools to assist you in serving your patients’ imaging needs, including:
- Prep materials you can have on-hand, such as oral contrast agents for CT scans or Barium Enema prep kits, to give your patients prior to their imaging test.
- Prep instructions, service brochures, screening forms, order forms, directions/apointment cards and general information about PIC that you can download and print, or that we can send to your office.
ProvPort has been replaced as the way to view current patient records with a new program called EpicCare Link on February 26, 2011. In order to maintain access to current Providence medical records, your office needs fill out a new application for each user, and a master agreement for your practice. Once your application has been received by Providence’s MIS Department, they will schedule a time to train your staff in its use. Learn more about EpicCare Link, where you’ll find the applications to download and print.
- PIC Order Form – Anchorage & Eagle River
- PET-CT Order Form
- Special Breast Procedures (incl. MRI breast)
Directions with appointment card/map
General information/reference cards
- Clinician Information Card
- Breast Imaging Guidelines for Clinicians
- Ordering Guide for MRI Exams
- Ordering Guide for CT Exams
- Ordering Guide for Ultrasound Exams
- Auto-faxing of imaging reports to ensure quick turn-around time. A green-bordered “hard” copy of the report will also delivered via courier or mail. Contact us at 212-6039 to arrange for autofax.
- Access to a Radiologist is available to clinicians via telephone at (907) 212-3148, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Newsletters: Providence Imaging Center Updates
Learn about the latest diagnostic imaging news and view online versions of Providence Imaging Center Update by going to our News page.
Providence Alaska Provider Directory and Other Resources
There are several useful tools on the Providence Health and Services Alaska Web site, including a handy online provider directory.
To view these additional tools and resources, simply visit http://alaska.providence.org/locations/pamc/medstaff/Pages/default.aspx
The American Cancer Society (ACS) updated its guidelines on breast cancer screening for women at average risk in October 2015. Clinicians are encouraged to read this article in The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) here, which requires Adobe Reader.