Do you want to get a screening mammogram, but lack insurance coverage? Maybe you have insurance, but it doesn’t cover preventive services such as a mammogram, or you have a high deductible.
Providence Imaging Center (PIC) is pleased to offer women ages 40-64 who meet certain income guidelines, a mammogram at no charge.
Here’s what the program offers:
- Flexibility: Women may schedule their screening any time during 2016. Appointments are available Monday through Saturday.
- Eligibility: PIC will ask questions to determine each woman’s financial situation. Our aim is to help those who do not have insurance, those who have insurance that doesn’t cover preventive services such as a mammogram or women who have a high deductible. We will determine if a woman qualifies for a state program* which provides more comprehensive coverage for breast or cervical issues. Women who don’t qualify can access a special fund for screening mammograms. **
- Location options: You don’t need to come to Providence Imaging Center in Anchorage. Our mobile coach also provides screening mammography as it travels across southcentral Alaska. A new mobile coach will arrive by late 2016, offering the same 3D technology as our Anchorage location. Contact our schedulers to see when the mobile coach will be in your area.
Don’t let financial issues determine whether you get this important screening test. Call PIC’s mammography line at (907) 212-MAMM (6266), or toll-free (888) 458-3151 to learn more, or to speak with our scheduling staff and set up an appointment. You may also request an appointment through our secure web portal. Simply mention that you interested in the free mammogram screening program, and the name of your healthcare provider. If you don’t have a provider, PIC can help you find one.
(907) 212-5827 fax | (907) 212-3151 mammography scheduling
* We partner with the State of Alaska’s Breast & Cervical Health Check program (BCHC), and help patients sign up for their grant program. Funds from BCHC will pay for the mammogram once the application is complete. Learn more at http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/wcfh/Pages/bchc/default.aspx
** Women who don’t qualify for the BCHC program will be covered in conjunction with the Providence Cancer Center, thanks to generous donations to the Providence Alaska Foundation, including financial gifts from CARRS/Safeway stores across Alaska.