Providence Imaging Center is delighted to offer a specialized MRI sequence utilizing SWI (Susceptibility Weighted Imaging). The technique called SWAN* allows specialists to see brain vasculature in exquisite detail in one quick, easy scan.
This service is available on Anchorage’s most advanced 3 Tesla magnet at Providence Imaging Center.
* Propriety GE Healthcare acronym which stands for “3D T2-Star Weighted ANgiography”
MRI brain imaging with SWAN allows our neuroradiologists to:
- Visualize major vessels and large vascular structures
- Reproducibly image and accurately delineate small vessels and microbleeds
- Assess iron and calcium deposits in tissue
- Image the whole brain in 3D high resolution in as little as 3-4 minutes
- Make more accurate, more confident differential diagnoses in patients with hemorrhages, cerebrovascular and ischemic brain diseases, TBIs, arteriovenous malformations, neurodegenerative diseases and a variety of other lesions
Meet our SWAN experts:
Neuroradiologists Gerald York, MD and Bryan Winn, MD